If you would like to join WalkSydney please email the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain an application. The cost is $20 for a year. Your membership fee will support the objectives of WalkSydney which are:
- To promote walking as a safe, efficient and pleasant method of transport.
- To participate in the design of urban environment to encourage pedestrian transport and amenity.
- To provide opportunity for members and non members to express and promote their views regarding walking as active transport.
- A commitment to healthy, just, efficient, accessible and sustainable communities and to work together to overcome the physical, social and institutional barriers which often limit people’s choices to walk.
- To advocate for improved pedestrian priority on existing and future transport networks.
- To promote the design of streets for peopleTo promote investment in infrastructure for walking.
- To co-operate and work with other groups and organisations to improve and promote walking as viable and valid transport.
Our first general meeting of members will be held on 27 July 2019 at 2pm and members will be sent Notice about the meeting.