On Saturday, the 28th August we held our Annual General Meeting, and we welcome the new WalkSydney committee for the next year:
- Brigid Kelly – President
- Lena Huda – Vice-President
- David Haertsch – Treasurer
- Regina Haertsch – Secretary
- Federico Marcantognini – Technologist
- David Martin – Committee member
- Barnaby Bennett – Committee member
- David Levinson – Committee member
- Anna Harvey – Committee member
We thank the outgoing committee and immediate past President Barnaby Bennett and Vice President Yvonne Poon for their immense effort and contribution to WalkSydney and its’ establishment as a peak pedestrian advocacy group.
Focus areas for the next year discussed included:
- Developing membership activities and build the walking community
- Campaigns – eg. 30km/h zones, improving traffic signal treatment for pedestrians
- Supporting the existing chapters (Randwick, Canada Bay and Wollongong) for Safe Streets to School and help to find campaigners for new ones
- Upcoming local council elections
- Strategic partnering with organisations to promote walking projects
To join us, please complete the membership form.
To receive details about our next meeting, please contact us.