WalkSydney is a community group advocating for walking exploring the issues that confront those who want to walk in Greater Sydney (Wollongong to Newcastle, and the Ocean to the Blue Mountains). The organisation is a non-profit, governed by a Committee.
Our mission is to make walking convenient, accessible, safe and enjoyable for everyone.
WalkSydney promotes best practices, influences the infrastructure, policies, decision making processes and institutions, and encourages the education of practitioners.
- Promote walking as a safe, efficient and pleasant method of transport.
- Participate in the design of an urban environment to encourage pedestrian transport and amenity.
- Provide opportunity for members and non-members to express and promote their views regarding walking as active transport.
- A commitment to healthy, just, efficient, accessible and sustainable communities and to work together to overcome the physical, social and institutional barriers that often limit people’s choices to walk.
- Advocate for improved pedestrian priority on existing and future transport networks.
- Promote the design of streets for people
- Promote investment in infrastructure for walking.
- Co-operate and work with other groups and organisations to improve and promote walking as a viable and valid mode of transport.
See Our Asks for more details.