WalkSydney Incorporated has been registered as an incorporated association. We formed for these objectives:
- To promote walking as a safe, efficient and pleasant method of transport.
- To participate in the design of urban environment to encourage pedestrian transport and amenity.
- To provide opportunity for members and non members to express and promote their views regarding walking as active transport.
- A commitment to healthy, just, efficient, accessible and sustainable communities and to work together to overcome the physical, social and institutional barriers which often limit people’s choices to walk.
- To advocate for improved pedestrian priority on existing and future transport networks.
- To promote the design of streets for people
- To promote investment in infrastructure for walking.
- To co-operate and work with other groups and organisations to improve and promote walking as viable and valid transport.
In the near future we will make arrangements so that supporters can join as members and thereby strengthen the voice of pedestrians. Everyone is a pedestrian, often in conjunction with using public as well as private transport.
In the meantime blog, tweet and Insta your ideas and information to improve the pedestrian experience.