Randwick Council are looking for comment to guide their upcoming draft Open Space and Recreation Needs Study. The Study will be put on exhibition mid-2020.
Council want to know how you spend your time outdoors and what you would like to see in the future.
The Study will guide improvements to parks, sporting facilities and open spaces, and assist in their future management.
The consultation is looking to hear about how you use these spaces and facilities, what activities you do, what infrastructure is needed and what is important to you.
Having a quick look at the community map, people are noting
- beautiful nature playgrounds,
- great boardwalk around the beach,
- great open space for walking (Malabar headland).
Items to change have included:
- outdoor gym equipment
- small children’s playground
- community basketball court
- toilet upgrade
- more permanent access to walking tracks
How to get involved:
- Pop in and say hi at a pop-up stalls:
- Coogee Beach, Saturday 14 March 8.30am-10.30am
- Maroubra Beach, Sunday 15 March 8:30am-10:30am
- The Spot Randwick, Sunday 15 March 3pm-5pm (at The Spot Festival)
- Heffron Park, near the Heffron Park Tennis Centre, Saturday 21 March 9am-11am
- Cromwell Park, Saturday 21 March 12.30pm-2.30pm
- Meeks St Plaza, Kingsford Saturday 21 March 4.30pm-6.30pm.
- Complete the community survey – discuss what outdoor spaces you use, the types of activities that you do and what is important to consider in planning for open spaces, sporting and recreation facilities in the future. By completing the survey, you could WIN one of 10 family passes to the Des Renford Leisure Centre.
- Drop a pin on the map – share what you love and what you would change about Randwick Council’s open spaces and places you visit.
Consultation period: 2 March to 29 March 2020.
Go for it!