WalkSydney, the peak body dedicated to promoting more pedestrian-friendly streets in Greater Sydney, is proud to introduce its […]
Transport for NSW has been rolling out 4m high ‘safety’ fencing on new bridges for some time – […]
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has recently installed these around the Sydney CBD – a sticker on top of a pedestrian “beg button” explaining the button must be pressed between 10pm and 6am.
In Australian suburban streets, Halloween is the day that shows us what is possible. Neighbourhoods become places where […]
If you have time and are in the area today, go check out car-free Redfern Street (Sunday 23 […]
BIKEast and WalkSydney are pleased to make a joint submission on the Draft Maroubra Junction Masterplan. Our key points are:
1. Improved placemaking – prioritisation of people and community
2. Designing priority transport connectivity – based on the Transport for NSW Road User Space Allocation policy and the related Walking Space Guide
3. Improved pedestrian facilities – based on the relaxed Transport for NSW policy which allows councils to decide where they install pedestrian crossings on unclassified roads
4. Connecting the local cycling network with safe infrastructure – to encourage local trips by active transport
5. Lower road speeds to improve safety for all road users and especially pedestrians and people riding bicycles
Willoughby Council consults on crossings for school kids. Willoughby Council wants to inform residents about a program to construct 13 raised pedestrian crossings (also known as wombat crossings) to improve safety of school children in the local area.
In 2015, a parent with five children at a school in the Parramatta council area asked for a pedestrian […]
As a whole adults in NSW are getting more active, in particular, more ‘vigorously active,’ but a new University of Sydney study shows those in the most disadvantaged groups aren’t following this trend.
Blue line – the proposed pathway Red line – what is currently possible There have been calls for […]
The NSW Government rolled out a $15m state-wide program to fund shared spaces pilot projects and improve the […]
Transport for NSW has rolled out traffic-free road changes to support pedestrian safety in the CBD today for […]
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback earlier in the year to the Proposed F6 Extension Motorway. Some […]
WalkSydney is pleased to make a submission to the WestConnex M4-M5 Link: ‘MOD 2 – Crescent overpass and […]